Last-Minute Summer Activities to Enjoy With the Family
Summer is almost over, but not quite yet. There are still a few warm days left, which means there’s time to squeeze in some last minute family summer fun. Many of these activities are free or low-cost, and all of them are easy to do and fun for the entire family.
Last-Minute Summer Fun
Everyone here at the Hal Tiffany Agency enjoys helping clients with all their insurance needs, so they can have peace of mind. We like to see happy families!
Here are 30 things that we like to do with our families at the end of summer that we think you might like too:
- Enjoy a staycation by visiting a new place in the local area.
- Stay in bed all day (except to go to the bathroom and get food).
- Enjoy a picnic at a park.
- Go for a swim at a nearby river, swimming pool or water park.
- Look for hidden treasure in the free Geocaching game.
- Have a camp out in the woods or simply in the backyard.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Enjoy a handicraft day.
- Host a sleepover for the kids.
- Take a timeout from electronics for a day to enjoy the outdoors technology-free.
- Go bargain hunting at second-hand stores.
- Visit a local museum.
- Watch a movie at a bargain daytime matinee.
- Play a board game with family members.
- Visit a national park.
- Go bird watching.
- Take a class or make one up.
- Put on a neighborhood puppet show or talent show.
- Go for a long drive in the countryside.
- Take a day-trip to nearby sights.
- Go window-shopping.
- Stroll around a college campus.
- Spend an afternoon at the library.
- Make sidewalk art with chalk.
- Go for a bicycle ride.
- Try a new sport, such as mountain biking, paddle boarding, kayaking or skateboarding.
- Volunteer to help at a homeless shelter.
- Visit a nursing home.
- Enjoy a karaoke night.
- Take music outside and enjoy dancing under the stars in the backyard.
Back-to-School Supplies and Insurance Review
When thinking about sending kids back to school, the Hal Tiffany Agency offers Four Tips for School Shopping on a Budget. For you parents out there, fall also can be the perfect time to review your insurance coverage to make sure you have adequate protection for your family.
Here are a few examples of events that should automatically trigger an update to your insurance policy:
- Having a baby
- Remodeling the house
- Teenagers getting their driver’s licenses
- Buying a boat
- Inviting relatives, especially elderly ones, to live at home
- Starting a new business
When unsure about the need for insurance coverage or additional coverage, simply contact an agent at Hal Tiffany Agency for a free, no obligation insurance review.
For all your insurance needs, both personal and commercial, call the Hal Tiffany Agency today at 651-484-4002 or use the contact form on our website to get the best advice about adequate insurance coverage.
Enter Our Sweepstakes!
You can enter to win a $500 VISA gift card by referring someone to our agency or by leaving us a review. Call us today at 651-484-4002 to receive more information about how to enter the sweepstakes. No purchase is necessary.
* By participating in the Hal Tiffany Agency Giveaway Sweepstakes, you are not obligated to purchase insurance from our agency or our agent, Eric Tiffany. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to enter and must reside in the state of Minnesota.