How to Save Money on Energy Costs as a Business
Posted April 1, 2015 by Eric Tiffany in Uncategorized
Keeping energy costs low is an often overlooked yet easy way for a business to save money. Cutting back on energy use will not only improve your bottom line but could also reduce a company’s carbon footprint. Here are a few methods that should help put a dent in your monthly energy bills:
- Install “smart” power strips at every work station that effectively unplug computers and other electronic work equipment at the end of the day.
- Have employees power down their work stations at the end of the day.
- Replace old appliances with Energy Star appliances.
- Use a laptop instead of a desktop computer as laptops consume less energy than desktop computers.
- Change all light bulbs to LEDs or CFLs which are more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
For energy saving tools and calculators reference these sites below:
The Home Energy Guide: http://energy.gov/energysaver/downloads/energy-saver-guide
The Home Energy Saver: http://hes.lbl.gov
U.S. Department of Energy: http://energy.gov/eere/office-energy-efficiency-renewable-energy